Preventing Blocked Drains & Blocked Toilets in Horsham, Guildford, Chichester & Worthing
At MPL Drainage Solutions, we specialise in fixing blocked toilets and blocked drains for property owners in Horsham, Guildford, Chichester, Worthing and the wider Surrey and Sussex areas. Our team of experienced personnel deliver responsive services to repair any issue relating to a blocked toilet or blocked drain. In this blog post we’re sharing some of our best tips for preventing future blockages.
Top Tips for Preventing Blocked Drains & Blocked Toilets
Recently experienced problems with clogged up toilets or drains? The following tips can help you to prevent further blockages in your property. If you try the following tips but consistently have issues with blocked drains or blocked toilets, this could mean there is a larger problem with your drainage systems. When this is the case, we recommend calling our reliable team. We use industry-leading techniques such as CCTV drain surveys to identify the problem at your Horsham, Guildford, Chichester or Worthing home.
Preventing Blocked Drains
- Pour boiling water down your drain to prevent grease and oil from sticking to the sides and clogging up the inside of pipes
- Try using baking soda to keep your drains clean, by combining it with boiling water and pouring it into the drains to flow through the pipework
- If you don’t have any baking soda to hand, try household vinegar. Just one cup can do wonders to remove any build up causing blocked drains in your property
- On occasion, you may want to consider chemical drain cleaners if you suspect a block is beginning, but these should not be used too often or they may cause damage to your pipes
Preventing Blocked Toilets
- Avoid flushing materials which can cause clogging, such as face wipes, napkins, coffee grounds, hair, feminine hygiene products, fats, oils, medicine and diapers
- Keep toilet tanks clear of items such as toilet roll, ornaments and toiletries as you risk them being knocked over and falling into the toilet without you noticing, causing blocked drains
- Make sure to flush waste and toilet paper down the drain properly. Avoid flushing too much toilet paper as large amounts can often build up and form a block
- Clean your toilet regularly with mild cleaner. It will keep your bathroom hygienic and looking fresh, whilst giving you a good opportunity to spot any blockages
Having issues with blocked drains and blocked toilets in your Horsham, Guildford, Chichester or Worthing property? Call MPL Drainage Solutions on 01903 893 559 or 07954 465 765.
Copyright © MPL Drainage Solutions